This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.Learn more about this agency
As a LEAD GENERAL SUPPLY SPECIALIST at the GS-2001-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- The purpose of the position is to serve as the DoD Executive Agent for Cataloging and Material Management with responsibility to serve as the technical advisor and primary DoD interface for all nuclear weapons matters associated with the nuclear weapons stockpile in assigned area(s). This is a Team Lead position over both nuclear weapons cataloging and inventory management personnel within the Nuclear Logistics Operations Department.
- Contacts are with high ranking persons outside the agency (DoD [professionals and program directors], OSD, NNSA, DOE contractors/National Laboratories [engineers]) and include consultants, contractors, or business executives and their staffs in both structured and moderately unstructured settings.
- Establishes, develops and maintains effective working relationships with Army LOGSA, Office of Special Materiel, NAVICP-MECH, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center (NWC), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Defense Logistics Information Service Center (DLSC), Service Logistics Agents (SLA), and Department of Energy (DOE) National Nuclear Surety Administration (NNSA). Meets with key customers and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and resolve significant problems that arise.
- Developing and maintaining the national nuclear ordnance logistics database. Processes reports to update the national nuclear ordnance logistics database. Monitors database operations to ensure compliance with DoD regulations, instructions and manuals for Federal Cataloging, Defense IMM and Defense Standardization.
Serving as the DoD interface with DOE on nuclear ordnance item issues and performs specific functions related to DOE as the agent for other DOD agencies.
- As Team Lead of Cataloging and Material Branch with responsibility for overseeing, scheduling, integration, implementation, support, and maintenance of associated material and operations, the incumbent operates independently in day-to-day work operations and within delegated authorities associated with assigned responsibilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521441700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.