The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Oroville, CA and the surrounding area as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience assisting and supporting the implementation and management of the Voluntary Agency Liaison program.
In this position, you will make organizational adjustments based on the complexity of the incident and request additional personnel, supplies, services, and equipment as needed. Typical assignments include:
- Ensuring subordinates are briefed on information relevant to their assignments and discussing any special safety considerations or hazardous situations.
- Supporting the development of long-term recovery groups by providing current statistics and sharing information related to FEMA programs, responding to questions, facilitating membership development activities, and providing best practices to ensure group development that results in successful case management.
- Providing technical assistance to relevant internal partners on voluntary agencies and voluntary agency/community disaster activities.
- Coordinating with state, federal, tribal, and local officials and voluntary organizations to ensure unity of effort.
- Compiling reports for supervisory review that provide historical timeline and details for long-term recovery group development.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521417000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.