As a General Attorney, you will provide litigation in at least one of the following areas: government contracts, construction, or leasing.
Location of Position: General Services Administration, Office of General Counsel, Real Property Division, 1800 F Street, NW, Washington, DC
The Office of General Counsel is responsible for providing sound and timely legal advice and representation to GSA clients.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a trial counsel for litigation matters before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, Government Accountability Office, utility Public Service Commissions, and other administrative fora, including initial review of cases for merit, fact finding and legal search, development of strategy, preparation of pleadings, discovery, negotiation of settlements, examination of witnesses at depositions and at trial, and all matters associated with trial.
- Provides litigation support to the Department of Justice in defense of the agency positions in Federal cases for which DOJ is lead counsel, including coordinating access to agency officials and witnesses, collection and organization of agency records, compilation of administrative record files, drafting of pleadings, and briefing of DOJ counsel and officials.
- Consults with and advises Regional Counsels, management and operating officials of agency and Public Building Service on litigation related issues and policies, including review of written work products and responses to media and Congressional inquiries relating to case work.
- Develops, analyzes, reviews, and comments on proposed and new legislation, regulations, reorganization plans, and Executive Orders that relate to the activities of the Public Buildings Service.
- Reviews, analyzes, and comments on proposed and new legislation and regulations, agency policies, procedures, orders, regulations, handbooks, technical manuals, and other agency publications which affect litigation on contract disputes and bid protests.
25% or less - Travel may be required by location and nature of case work.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521373700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.