These positions are located in the Chemistry Branch of the Office of Public Health Science Field Laboratories: Western Laboratory, Albany CA, Midwestern Laboratory, Saint Louis MO.Learn more about this agency
This announcement will be used to fill multiple Chemist positions for a period of 90 days from the date of this announcement closing.
- This position is being announced at multiple grade levels. Candidates selected at lower grade levels will perform duties with less independence and more supervision as they learn and progress.
- At the full performance level of this position, you will independently plan and carry out chemical analysis on a variety of meat, poultry, egg products, and Siluriformes.
- Interpret and evaluate results of your analysis and compare the results to pertinent agency regulations to determine whether samples are violative.
- Defend and/or explain your analysis and evaluation by completing a thorough justification to your Supervisor and/or other OPHS officials.
- Assess and make recommendations to changes in standard operating procedures when necessary, to better align broad guidelines specified under the ISO quality assurance program.
- Perform analytical services associated with detecting chemical residues in meat and poultry products.
- Troubleshoot all instrumentation used in the analysis process.
- Apply an in-depth understanding of the interrelationships between the analysis process and instruments/equipment used.
- Apply quality assurance procedures of instruments, equipment, reagents, and standards.
- Communicate with personnel from all segments of FSIS (field employees, technical service center employees, plant personnel, FSIS managers, and representatives from industry).
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521367700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.