These positions are located at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Director for Medicine, Department of Pediatrics. There are several vacancies.Learn more about this agency
This is a standing-register/open-continuous announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for consideration every 14 days. This announcement will keep running until all positions have been filled.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
- As a Practical Nurse, you will provide nursing care to pediatric patients.
- Take vital signs. Perform hearing and vision screening. Perform point-of-care-testing, such as Hcg, Hgb, lead, glucose, rapid strep, etc. Perform metabolic screening on newborns.
- Monitor/observe patients that will be admitted to the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Emergency Room (ER), or ward.
- Prepare patients information for morning huddles for the Medical Home Teams.
- Perform treatment procedures, such as: pediatric IV insertions and blood drawl, Cyrotherapy, ear irrigation , oxygen and nebulizer treatments, assisting with licensed providers, etc.
- Set up medical equipment and equipment for pediatric procedures. Administer pediatric intramuscular antibiotics and immunizations.
- Clean up exam/treatment rooms, medical instruments/supplies, and the supply cabinets.
- Utilize an electronic medical/healthcare system to input or retrieve data in the patient's medical record/chart.
- Educate patients and their family members on health, disease management, and their test results.
- Communicate with patients and their family members on a regular basis via phone and secure messaging.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521328600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.