This Federal Highway Administration position is assigned to the DOT Office of the Under Secretary, Build America Bureau, Office of Credit Programs and is responsible for administering the Department’s transportation investment credit programs. The position serves as the supervisor of the Underwriting Team with responsibility for underwriting and negotiations for credit program assistance.Learn more about this agency
Supervisory Financial Policy Advisor:
- Serves as the supervisor of the Underwriting Team ensuring that resources are allocated and used effectively to produce results. Ensures that Team members follow Bureau credit policies/guidelines and are consistent (over time and between Team members) in their credit assessments.
- Utilizes extensive knowledge of the capital markets and the necessary skills in infrastructure project finance to review the Underwriting Team’s findings and recommendations on loan applications.
- Coordinates USDOT financial participation in major transportation projects receiving credit assistance.
- Provides authoritative technical and policy advice on the credit assistance program to OST; modal Administrations; the Bureau program offices; leadership and staff; State, local and regional entities; industry organizations; Congress, other Federal agencies, the public and other interested parties.
- Advises the OCP Director, BAB Executive Director and USDOT Assistant Secretary for Budget and Programs as to the impact of proposed legislation relating to transportation finance.
The Ideal Candidate is an experienced, motivated, and self-reliant candidate who can oversee a team of underwriters that evaluate credit applications and negotiate credit agreements with borrowers seeking to develop regional or national transportation projects.
25% or less - Position requires 25% travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521322200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.