You will serve as an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER in the MARINE ENGINEERING GROUP; OHIO REPLACEMENT AND EMALS DIVISION of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT. Specifically, you will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Steam Turbine Generator Systems; responsible for supporting the Steam Turbine Generator (TG) technical area. You will be responsible in the disciplines required of Naval shipboard and submarine power generation component designs and systems engineering analysis.Learn more about this agency
- You will monitor design development of systems and equipment.
- You will analyze systems for operational readiness status and to identify existing or potential discrepancies.
- You will develop plan of action for engineering project preparedness.
- You will monitor integration of electrical system and component against project plan targets to support timely completion.
- You will review critical technical requirements of assigned programs and/or projects.
- You will ensure technical directives are current and applied according to established specifications.
- You will brief key leadership on the progress achieved toward meeting strategic objectives.
- You will present information on technological developments that could improve ship construction, overhaul or repair.
- You will create written documents to justify modifications to electrical and electronic systems for special naval systems.
- You will document technical electrical system engineering requirements to support ships, aircraft or submarines to include systems integration technical data packages or test specifications.
25% or less - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521321500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.