The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Program Specialist with responsibility for program and management support services that contribute to the Board's strategic goals to improve the Veteran experience, increase efficiency in the appeals system, and provide timely and quality hearings and appeals decisions.Learn more about this agency
Receives written and electronic correspondence and analyzes to determine its nature as it relates to Veterans' claims and BVA's mission.
Determines if mail is actionable and what action may be required.
- Receive and index any and all RAMP correspondence and screens for qualification for AMA.
- Process mail that is considered unidentifiable by staff.
- Identify and index over 50 pieces of correspondence through e-fax or Centralized Mail.
- Answers Branch Management Mailbox for e-mail by external stakeholders.
- Review, distribute, associate incoming correspondence accurately and properly update VAOLS.
- Responsible for control, security, and maintenance of appellate records within the Board.
- Prepare diaries, abeyance controls, and follow-ups on cases undergoing development, translation, or other cases charged outside BVA.
- Process outgoing mail by weighing, affixing proper postage and attributing that postage to the proper tenant account.
Work Schedule: 8:00a.m. to 4:30p.m., Monday - Friday
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist PD #30033-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521305300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.