These positions are located in the Department of Technology Services (DTS), Enterprise Operations Center (EOC), National Support Division (NSD). The incumbents will be assigned to the Tier 1 Support Branch as Support Desk Analysts.Learn more about this agency
A Tier 1 Support Desk Analyst provides help desk and system deployment services for Appellate, District and Bankruptcy Current and NextGen Case Management, Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF) systems. An analyst is required to have troubleshooting, analytical and decision making skills in order to provide support and resolution to end-user issues or questions. The incumbents should possess a background in Appellate, District and Bankruptcy Court operations, processes and procedures. Application development and/or court experience in these applications is highly desirable. The incumbents will provide operational and technical support to resolve application, functional and technical issues associated with CM/ECF.
Duties of the position include, but are not limited :
- Serving as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance via phone or electronic service request.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by user.
- Escalating unresolved queries to the next level of support.
- Ensuring proper recording, documentation and closure for each issue.
- Walking users through standard problem solving processes.
- Following up with users, providing feedback and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Preserving and growing the knowledge base for supported applications.
- Monitoring and tracking all incoming support desk requests in an IT Service Management tool (HEAT).
- Reviewing and providing recommendations regarding application instructional or procedural documentation.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521267500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.