This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS HANDLER (Title 32), Position Description Number D1950000and is part of the AR ANG 189 LGR SQ, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a MATERIALS HANDLER (Title 32), WG-6907-6,
(1) Receives and processes notice to stock parts and equipment. Assures incoming materiel matches that of the accompanying documentation. Examines materiel for shortages, overages and obvious damage and coordinates any discrepancies with the Cargo Movement Element.
(2) Stores all in-warehouse supply and equipment items. Provides secure storage and handling of classified and sensitive items. Provides proper storage and handling of Electrostatic Discharge Items (ESD) in accordance with applicable technical orders and publications. Determines within the general warehousing plan how to arrange stock within the storage area. Stores items for convenience of handling and ease of movement. Assures stored items are protected from damage, deterioration, and pilferage. Schedules and maintains an aggressive surveillance inspection program for items in central storage to assure that all assets are ready for issue. Takes necessary action to control deterioration and/or corrosion of items in storage. Assures required tags, labels, and markings are affixed to property to reflect identity, status, and condition. Makes sure that technical data is retained when retagging items. Initiates inputs to add or delete warehouse locations on item records.
(3) Conducts periodic validation of warehouse locations. Responsible for the inventory and proper accounting of all in-warehouse assets. Performs special inventories as required.
(4) Selects items to be issued and/or shipped and transfers them to the Cargo Movement Element for subsequent delivery/shipment. Issues oldest items first when dated item control applies. Assures items requiring special handling (i.e., classified) are receipted for by authorized individuals.
(5) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521210900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.