The incumbent serves as Telecommunications Specialist for the IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Solution Delivery (SD), Endpoint Engineering, Business Voice/ Call Center/ Video Engineering, Call Center Engineering. The incumbent performs work evaluating, developing, designing, planning, coordinating and implementing telecommunications functions and services at VA call centers and other centers designed to handle inbound and outbound calls.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: May be available at discretion of supervisor
Telework: Available upon supervisory approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Telecommunications Specialist, PD#10136-A/10137-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Demands: The work is principally sedentary when not on travel, requiring constant use of a video display terminal. Travel may be required 20 percent of the time or moe. While traveling, conducting site surveys, project progress inspections and acceptance testing, the work requires some physical exertion, long periods of standing and walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching and climbing of ladders. There may be exposure to electrical hazards such as high voltage electronic circuits used in computer monitors and telephone mainframes and systems equipment.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-14. At the GS-13 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-14.
Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Evaluating and testing the installed voice systems, equipment, and leased services in call centers.
- Developing written planning and procurement documentation to include: statements of requirements, source selection plans, telecommunications system designs, technical evaluations, cost evaluations, cost engineering analysis, and all other documents for appropriate procurement actions.
- Investigating, researching changes/improvements in call center/voice systems technology as new technology emerges in the marketplace.
- Traveling to VA sites and facilities requiring assistance due to voice system failure, conducts problem analysis, communicating assessment with recommended action and alternatives via verbal/written methods to facility management and senior VA staff.
- Working as Contracting Representative (COR) when assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521203600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.