About the Position: Fort Eustis, Virginia is located in Newport News, between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Transportation includes convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to neighboring Hampton, York County, Gloucester, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with the charm of small town and rural areas.Learn more about this agency
- Works with a team of DoD civil service, military, and contractor employees to conduct system development and flight tests aboard ADD's research aircraft.
- Closely participates in the development of requirements, specifications, and test plans, take part in preliminary and critical reviews, support airworthiness substantiation, and collaborate with the research team to ensure project success.
- Works with the engineering, operations, and maintenance personnel associated with each individual flight test project to prepare for and conduct flight test operations at Fort Eustis, Virginia or other locations as required.
- Operate aircraft research systems and may be required to fly aboard ADD research aircraft as a System Operator.
- Act as the focal point for all software changes to the aircraft and SILs that may be needed as new systems, sensors, and displays are added for various research efforts.
- Maintain cognizance of the execution of test programs, including technical, cost, and schedule perturbations, performance impacts, and corrective actions as they apply to all facets of software development and testing.
- Develop, implement, document, test, and maintain all software slated for execution on the research computer systems, sensor systems, and data acquisition systems aboard research aircraft and their associated System Integration Labs (SIL).
- These systems encompass flight controls, autonomy systems, active inceptors, navigation and guidance systems, cockpit displays, telemetry, on-board computer networks including 4G-LTE modems and Satellite Data Units.
- Effectively work with all stakeholders, including Principal Investigators (PIs) in the ADD Technical Areas, other ADD research programs, PEO Aviation, other Government organizations, U.S. Industry, and international collaborators.
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
25% or less - Business travel of up to 25 percent may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521200200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.