Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 10394524.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: 40 hour work week. 8 or 12 hours day, evening, or night shifts with alternating weekends and holidays.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Please read this announcement in its entirety before beginning the application process to ensure you submit all the required documents. All documents requiring signature must be signed and dated prior to submission in order to be considered complete.
This job opportunity announcement (JOA) will be used to fill many full-time and permanent Nursing Assistant vacancies at the Louisville, KY Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC), with Nursing Service.
Applicants will be considered and referred every 15 business days until all current vacancies are filled, and every 15 business days for new vacancies.
As a Nursing Assistant, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Function as a member of an interdisciplinary team in Nursing Service.
- Function as a sitter for close observation or one on one sitting for patients who need to be watched for a number of reasons or function as an escort for transporting patients throughout the clinical areas of the medical center.
- Perform assigned procedures with minimal amount of direction from the professional nurse.
- Check and records vital signs including pain. Verbalizes that pain is measured on a scale of 0-10 and ensures Charge Nurse is kept aware of patients who are in pain.
- Functions proactively to prevent medical emergencies. Recognizes and reports potentially erratic behaviors and physical changes.
- Assist patients with their ADL including toileting, feeding, shaving, shampoo hair, and bathing.
- Assist patients with keeping their rooms clean.
- Changes bedding, makes beds is responsible in maintaining a clean and safe physical environment.
- Assigning patients in maintaining their nutritional intake.
- Set up oxygen equipment including flow meters, humidifiers, nasal prongs etc. and obtains specimens including urine, stool and routine sputum specimens etc.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521189400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.