This position serves as the IT Program Manager/Cybersecurity Architect for Office of the Executive Director for Compliance and Policy, Director, Cybersecurity Architecture. The incumbent is the Cybersecurity Architect/IT Program Manager and lead authority in the design, development, integration, and implementation of the VA enterprise cybersecurity architecture.Learn more about this agency
This announcement may close prior to the closing date once an adequate pool of at least 50 eligible applicants is reached.
DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY: This position is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Government-Wide Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all U.S. Citizens.
Work Schedule: Monday - Compressed/Flexible Schedule
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: Not Available
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Program Manager/ PD# 16772-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- Oversee the assessment, design, development, integration, and implementation of Department-wide cybersecurity architecture initiatives across the VA enterprise.
- Assists in the employment of security controls and countermeasures as well as their positioning within the architecture to support the desired cybersecurity architecture requirement at the individual system and enterprise-level.
- Serves as a consultant and confidential advisor to OI&T senior leadership on highly technical issues relating to policy, planning, and organization matters.
- Oversees and monitors the broad scope of Departmental security technical activities and monitors progress in meeting goals and objectives.
- Serves as a technical management expert in senior level meetings with other government agencies such as Department of Homeland Security, Department of Commerce, OMB, Department of Defense ad representatives of the security industry.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521165100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.