This position is located in the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), Office of the Chief Operating Officer, House Office Buildings (HOB), Client Services Division, Labor and Custodial Branch, Day Labor and Custodial Section. Serves as Custodial Worker Assistant Supervisor and oversees the cleaning operations in the HOB.Learn more about this agency
The tour of duty for this position is Monday - Friday 5:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- This position functions as a full assistant to the Custodial Worker Supervisor with full authority to act on all matters within established procedures for which the superior is responsible. Shares responsibility as the first line supervisor over laborers and custodial workers assigned to the Day Labor and Custodial Section.
- Performs administrative and technical supervisory functions for subordinates. Assigns duties to subordinates and evaluates their performance. Personnel directed is responsible for cleaning rooms and office spaces, restrooms and building entries in the assigned area. Methods used to accomplish tasks include vacuuming, sweeping with brooms and mopping to clean floors and baseboards; wiping down and sanitizing fixtures such as toilets and sinks, dusting off desks and other various office furnishings; and cleaning and/or washing windows inside out, stone work, ceilings and their fixtures and room separators. Provides assistance to other trade shops to perform various duties for short term repair and construction projects.
- Outlines, organizes and assigns the work to his or her subordinates and performs quality and progress checks to ensure work is being performed to acceptable standards. Prepares and maintains daily status reports for work orders, projects/assignments and employee leave. Ensures availability of equipment, supplies and other materials required for personnel directed to perform their custodial responsibilities. Also ensures all equipment, supplies and materials are properly used, put away and maintained for ongoing use.
- Develops performance requirements for subordinates and ensures a mutual understanding of the performance standards. Resolves complaints and grievances as delegated by higher level supervisors. Provides leadership to ensure support for equal employment opportunity (EEO) goals and requirements. Practices non-discriminatory employment actions to prevent unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, age or disability. Provides for employee skills enrichment through job related coaching, mentoring and training.
- Makes recommendations to the supervisor concerning personnel matters such as employment and promotion; initiates disciplinary actions; schedules and approves leave; and keeps time and attendance records. Effectively prioritizes use of resources in support of the mission.
- Utilizes a thorough knowledge of and compliance with all OSHA safety rules and regulations to ensure that work progresses in a safe manner and to initiate or take corrective action on unsafe conditions in managed areas. Provides or receives training, either on the job or through classroom training, to ensure that all direct reports know how to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Routinely checks to verify that subordinates are using all required PPE.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521153100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.