About the Position: This is a Supervisory Civil Engineer (Hydraulics), GS-0810-13 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Southwestern Division, Galveston District, Engineering and Construction Division. The incumbent will serve as the Water Management Section Chief for the Hydrology and Hydraulics Branch. This is a full-time and permanent position that will be located in Galveston, TX.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the water management activities of projects within the Galveston District primarily for flood control, navigation, water supply, water quality, fish and wildlife, and conservation regulations.
- Responsible for managing the assigned section functions including real-time water control and preparation of hydrologic studies and reports.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the engineering aspects of a computer based automated data process system for water control activities.
- Provide direction, work priorities, and standards to assure current water control activities comply with congressionally authorized project purposes, management policies and objectives.
- Schedule and direct hydrologic and water control studies related to development and updating of regulation procedures and plans, water control manuals, annual and periodic reports for project accomplishments and water management activities.
- Develop yearly budget request for planned work items and prepares budget work plan in compliance with actual Fiscal Year (FY) funding levels.
- Assign work to subordinate employees, ensures timely performance of a satisfactory quantity and quality of work and resolves problems presented by subordinates.
- Share in the management and direction of a program involving hydrologic, hydrometeorlogical and hydraulic design activities used in planning, design, construction, and operation of flood control, navigation, and multipurpose projects.
- Modify regulations to recognize changing project needs and uses within authorized limits.
- Act as technical adviser to Chief, Hydrology/Hydraulics Branch, on problems of special nature.
- Attend conferences, seminars, public meetings, and makes presentation and reports.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521151100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.