About the Position:
- This position is located at Tripler Army Medical Center, HI.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Federal employees in Hawaii are currently entitled to receive a 10.99% Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) in addition to the base salary. This is subject to change.
- This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
- Apply quality control and quality assurance procedures and practices when performing reagent preparation and use equipment assembly and performance, instrument operation, and standardization of procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Modify units to include but not limited to manufacturing units to specific volumes and hematocrit, thawing, pooling, splitting, volume reducing, and irradiating, ordering/performing special testing, etc.
- Identify discrepancies/conditions which cause erroneous results; take appropriate action to make corrections and solve problems; accept referrals of abnormal or unusual results; and advise on course of action to follow when results are unacceptable.
- Perform a variety of transfusion procedures including basic as well as complex analyses and infrequently requested tests requiring evaluative and critical thinking skills through resolution.
- Perform tests such as blood typing, antibody screen, direct antiglobulin, pre-transfusion studies, identification/determination of phenotypes and genotypes of patients, and special antibody studies of prenatal and chronically transfused patients.
- Process specimens to determine whether collection, including patient identification, was performed appropriately, and evaluate historical data and resolve discrepancies before continuing with processing specimens.
Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521140100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.