GAO's Office of the General Counsel is seeking an experienced attorney for the team of attorneys that provides legal advice and assistance to GAO’s Information Technology and Cybersecurity analyst team, the Comptroller General of the United States, Congress, and others.
The attorney will work on a wide variety of issues associated with federal government information and information technology management and operations, primarily involving government cybersecurity.Learn more about this agency
- Researching and applying the law in the conduct of performance audits of agency programs and activities.
- Providing legal counsel on a broad range of information and information technology policy topics primarily involving cybersecurity and protection of personally identifiable information, and compliance with related laws, regulations and policies.
- Reviewing GAO products to ensure they reflect an accurate and objective understanding and application of the law as it relates to the federal program or activity under review.
- Providing legal assistance and support to GAO clients providing congressional testimony.
- Analyzing legislative proposals to determine potential effects and implications for federal policies and GAO.
- Drafting legal memoranda, legal opinions, and sections of audit reports.
- Providing technical and legislative drafting expertise to Congress.
- Briefing congressional staff on legal matters covered by GAO reviews.
Occasional travel - .
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521120800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.