The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN), is a member of the healthcare team who performs a variety of nursing skills specific to the clinical needs of patients on the assigned work unit and under the supervision of a registered nurse in a variety of inpatient and outpatient locations.Learn more about this agency
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Identifies changes in patient condition, both physical and emotional. Demonstrates practical knowledge of human behavior, motivation, and reactions to situations. Reports these in a timely manner and initiates appropriate action.
- Administers medications accurately and promptly under the general supervision of a registered nurse.
- Identifies any life threatening environmental hazards immediately, takes appropriate action, and reports findings to the registered nurse.
- Instructs patients and family members on principles of health, self-care and protocols for treatments and/or medications. Utilizes teaching materials to promote self-reliance and independence including methods to prevent complications and facilitate recovery. Reinforces instruction provided by other health care professionals.
- Performs personal care, diagnostic support duties and treatments according to procedure under the direction of the professional nurse in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates understanding of the effects and/or reactions caused by medications, treatments and procedures. Records and reports these observations.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521111500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.