About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serve as a Legal Advisor for the Army Review Boards Agency. Legal interpretations and opinions require the highest degree of originality and creative legal thinking to obtain the necessary balance between conflicting interests accounting for factual issues, legal precedents, policy considerations, and equitable concepts. Implements regulations and policy involving military personnel, veterans, their dependents, and related issues.
- Provide legal advice and recommendations directly to leadership.
- Determine requirements for consideration of such statutes in the adjudication of individual cases and applies legal precedent and reasoning in the adjudication of cases.
- Familiar with state laws and regulations in the state where military personnel live as it relates to issues of marriage, inheritance, and jurisdiction.
- Furnish legal opinions; conducts legal reviews; and perform corollary legal activities as regards review, coordination, and legal advice on all Agency matters.
- Review, research, and provision of legal interpretation on a wide range of federal statutes, including, but not limited to various provisions of Title 10, United States Code, and their implementing regulations, executive orders and agency directives.
- Serve as member of Army Clemency and Parole Board, Department of the Army Conscientious Objector Review Board, and Recorder for the Board of Review for Officer Eliminations.
- Represents the Agency and develops its factual and legal position on litigation matters.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position, up to 5% of the time.
14 - None
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521093900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.