Huntington, WV is the home of Marshall University. Located in the scenic Ohio Valley on the banks of the Ohio River, Huntington offers many cultural and outdoor activities and is in easy driving distance of several larger metropolitan areas such as Lexington, KY, Columbus and Cincinnati, OH. With a relaxed lifestyle and affordable living, Huntington is an excellent place to raise a family.Learn more about this agency
Relocation/Recruitment may be authorized.
PCS may be authorized.
The incumbent will be a Staff Physiatrist to the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service (PM&R) & will report to the Chief of PM&R. As a Physiatrist you will provide clinical coverage in clinics such as electromyography (EMG) lab, spinal cord injury, polytrauma, wheel chair seating, prosthetic orthotic clinic & other clinics as delegated.
As a Physiatrist you wi will keep up-to-date with current trends in rehabilitation medicine through scheduled in-servies, library resources, continuing education and hospital training and development workshops scheduled by the facility. The individual will maintain timely and appropriate documentation of all consults, evaluations, progress/discharge notes, patient/family education, and follow appropriate billing and coding practices. The incumbent will complete other administrative duties as assigned for the PM&R Service or Medical Center. As a Staff Physiatrist your responsibilities within the PM&R Service include but are not limited to:Perform comprehensive evaluations directed at ascertaining the patient's functional status, rehabilitation needs, goals, and rehabilitation potential.The Physiatrist establishes therapeutic agendas that are age-appropriate and which are based on the patient's identified deficits and expressed goals.
- The incumbent independently modifies goals and treatment based on response to care. Care may include, but is not limited to prevention, reducing disability and pain, restoring lost function, pharmacological and procedural interventions, diagnostic work-up, and patient /family education.
- Safely performs and designs Electrodiagnostic studies with accurate interpretation, diagnosis and documentation.
- Prescribe therapeutic interventions, which focus on posture, locomotion, strength, endurance, balance, coordination, joint mobility and flexibility.These interventions include:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Joint mobilization
- Lower extremity prosthetic and orthotic evaluation, fitting, and training
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular reeducation
- Gait analysis
- Balance and coordination training
- Functional activity training
- Participation in pain management
- Application of physical agent
- Participation in wheelchair assessment and fitting
- Wound care
- Home and/or worksite modifications
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00a-4:30p
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521065200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.