Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): CAYN-10393560-19-CCLearn more about this agency
The Charles George VA Medical Center is recruiting for Part-Time (WG-04) Food Service Worker in Nutrition and Food Service.
Who May Apply: "Status Candidates".
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
The Nutrition and Food Service employee is responsible for providing meals and nutritional care to veteran patients at the medical center. The Food Service Worker, WG-4 is the highest skilled food service worker position in Nutrition and Food Service at the Asheville VA Medical Center. The primary purpose of the position is to perform complex tasks, maintain quality control and give technical guidance to lower level food service workers.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Make final check of diet trays assembled by lower grade workers
· Advise lower grade food service workers on special diet issues and quality control issues, such as food labeling practices, equipment
operation, plating techniques, tray arrangements, and practices to maintain safe temperature of foods.
· Conduct tray line briefing prior to each meal.
· Identify discrepancies between prescribed diets and food items designated on the tray tickets.
· The employee is expected to perform duties that require proficiency in special procedures and a broad knowledge of service
operations such as food preparation, dishwashing, dry and refrigerated storage, and food and beverage serving.
· You will perform all duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Rotating shifts of: 6:00 A.M. - 2:30 P.M., 7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M., 11:30 A.M.- 8:00 P.M. Rotating days off
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker PD# 7408
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF December 31,2019.
The initial date is: January 1, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed every 15 business days thereafter.
Applications will remain on file for the time-period of this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521033300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.