Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): CAYN-10392935-19-CCLearn more about this agency
The Charles George VA Medical Center is recruiting for Part-Time (WG-02) Food Service Worker in Nutrition and Food Service.
Who May Apply: "Status Candidates".
For more information on the "Who may apply" eligibility requirements, please refer to the OHRM Status Candidates and Other Candidate Definitions document.
This position is located in the Nutrition and Food Service at the VA Medical Center in Asheville, North Carolina. The primary purpose of this position is to transport the Advance Meal Delivery System (AMDS) food cart, server carts, and condiment cards to the patient units, wards, and/or cart docking station.
The major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing uncooked items following simple recipe instructions such as reconstituting fruit gelatin with water, preparing cold sandwiches and packing them with other ready to serve assembled foods for bag meals, and simple diet supplements and tube feedings.
- Performing heavy-duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service and related areas, such as cleaning exhaust hoods, cleaning spaces under and behind kitchen equipment including moving the equipment, washing walls and windows, mopping floors, and cleaning walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
- Pushing tray delivery carts to distribute and collect trays from the bedside and recording information about tray delivery, pick-up and non-delivery.
- Performing a variety of tasks in the dish room such as scraping trays, sorting, stacking and racking
- Completing tray preparation with hot beverage and frozen desserts and verifying trays have been properly heated prior to delivery of trays to patients.
Work Schedule: Rotating shifts
Position Description Title/PD#: Food Service Worker PD# 7408
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF: December 31,2019.
The initial date is: January 1, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed every 15 business days thereafter.
Applications will remain on file for the time-period of this announcement.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520984500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.