The primary purpose of this position is to perform duties as a Technologist, working under general supervision in the form of broad technical, policy, and program guidance. Incumbent is relied upon to accomplish assigned functions on own initiative. Independently formulates requirements, monitors approved resources, and develops, recommends, and monitors implementation of management policies and procedures.Learn more about this agency
- Serve with limited supervision and gather factual information and conduct analyses on complex investigations and/or reviews.
- Conduct analyses of technology information and data relating to investigations and/or reviews.
- Prepare memoranda and make appropriate recommendations to the Board.
- Respond in writing and orally to inquiries from Members of the Board regarding the status of investigations and/or reviews, research and analysis, and policy implications of existing and proposed programs and making recommendations to the Board.
- Summarize reports, technological information, and data received from the intelligence community and other agencies and extract essential information.
- Assist the Board in reviewing and analyzing federal counterterrorism programs pursuant to its mission to ensure that both existing and proposed programs adequately safeguard privacy and civil liberties.
- Advise and assist in the identification of issues and recommendations by providing technical and policy advice, conducting research, analyzing data and technological information, and carrying out investigations, as required.
- Analyze privacy and civil liberties-related issues, national security and counterterrorism programs within the general range of areas the incumbent is responsible and assist the Board in understanding how programs operate.
- Assist in drafting Board reports evaluating efforts to protect the nation from terrorism and other Board reports to the President, Congress and the public, as well as drafting congressional testimony, letters, and other documents to carry out the Board's advisory responsibilities.
- Represent the Board in interactions with officials from other departments and agencies of the Federal government, the private sector, and non-governmental organizations, as required.
- Assist with other legal and compliance requirements relating to the Board's status as a federal agency.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520882100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.