There is an opening for a Partnership Manager within the Office of Technology Transfer (TTO) of the Executive Directorate, NRL. The primary purpose of the Partnership Manager position is to commercialize intellectual property in technology areas such as engineering, physical science, and computer science.Learn more about this agency
Appointments will be made using the Direct Hire Authority for STRL-Advanced Degree. The position is physically located at NRL Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- You will be responsible for the commercialization of intellectual property in technology areas in engineering, physical science, and computer science.
- You will be responsible for the evaluation of commercial potential of inventions in a variety of areas in engineering, physical sciences, or computer science, as assigned.
- You will help identify specific applications for each assigned invention and markets technologies to suitable companies.
- You will evaluate proposed business and development plans submitted by applicants for license.
- You will responsible for drafting, reviewing, negotiating and managing agreements including but not limited to Nondisclosure Agreements, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), and complex Patent License Agreements.
- You will responsible for maintaining the Office of Technology Transfer?s electronic records for use in potential dispute resolution or litigation and using databases for technology transfer management and patent management.
- You will communicate with NRL scientists to identify technologies suitable for transfer and encouraging submission of invention disclosures on such technologies to optimize the NRL intellectual property portfolio.
- You will advise scientists on processes for technology transfer, including basics of intellectual property, commercialization, and confidentiality.
- You will identify, interpret, and apply laws, rules, and regulations relevant to federal technology transfer (e.g., patents, licensing, royalties).
- You will demonstrate an understanding of the current art in assigned technical areas, an understanding of competing technologies, and an understanding of markets for such technologies in engineering, physical science, and computer science.
- You will commercialize intellectual property in technology areas such as engineering, physical science, and computer science.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520847900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.