The Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center is recruiting for a full-time Non-Invasive Cardiologist. Board eligibility/certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine is required. The successful applicant must have excellent communication skills and ability to work with all staff.Learn more about this agency
You will be responsible for providing comprehensive medical and selected specialty services for outpatients. You will diagnose, treat, and manage patients with cardiovascular disease according to standard techniques and guidelines. You will provide services such outpatient and inpatient cardiology consultation and ongoing patient management in outpatient and inpatient settings. You will attend Medicine Service meetings, and meetings with other medical center staff. You may be asked to serve on committees, participate in quality assurance programs, assist our facility to meet established performance measures, and such other duties as assigned by the Supervisory Cardiologist or Chief of Medicine. You will perform chart reviews and coordinate with Hospitalists regarding patient care issues. You will be responsible for timely documentation of patient care data in electronic medical health records, as per facility policy.
- Physician will provide consultation services and follow up of cardiovascular patients in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Collaborate with Nurse Practitioners.
- Attend to patients in outpatient clinics, inpatient wards, Urgent Care, mobile clinic and telehealth clinic.
- Perform cardiology procedures such as trans-esophageal echocardiograms and electrical cardioversions, with pacemaker skills desirable but not required.
- Interpretation of ECGs, Holter and event monitor recordings and transthoracic echocardiograms.
- Supervision and interpretation of treadmill, pharmacologic, nuclear and echocardiographic stress tests.
- Establish professional working relationships with clinical service providers within the medical center and the Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs).
- Required to participate in the education of medical students and residents.
- Participate in the performance evaluation process.
- Maintain VA training requirements, with upkeep of credentials, state license and DEA Registration as required
- BLS and ACLS Certification required
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Open continuous announcement. Candidates will be referred each week until the position is closed, canceled, or filled.
*Selected applicants are also eligible for up to $15,000 annually in pay for performance.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520847200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.