Huntington, WV is the home of Marshall University. Located in the scenic Ohio Valley on the banks of the Ohio River, Huntington offers many cultural and outdoor activities and is in easy driving distance of several larger metropolitan areas such as Lexington, KY, Columbus and Cincinnati, OH and Charleston, WV. With a relaxed lifestyle and affordable living, Huntington is an excellent place to raise a family.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation may be authorized.
PCS may be authorized.
Incumbent will be assigned as the attending/consulting physician for patients admitted to the acute care ward including the supervision of resident physicians and medical students. Provide medical evaluations and direct the overall management of patients in collaboration with the other members of the health care team. Perform daily rounds on all assigned inpatients and write progress notes. Perform inpatient procedures of internal medicine specialty when required. Attends daily interdisciplinary and discharge planning rounds with team. Perform other duties as assigned. Specific Hospitalist responsibilities within the Hospital Medicine Section include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-Day clinical activites which include- attending for inpatient teams, Serving as a consultant for other specialties, Supervision of post discharge clinic visits.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and Systems Redesign projects.
- Educational activities of residents and students assigned to the VA Medical Service.
- Provides Continuing Educational activities to the nursing staff and peers.
- Attends all administrative meetings of the Medical Service.
- Complete Peer Reviews as assigned and also Professional Practice Evaluation activities.
- Attends monthly Section meetings.
- Other tasks as delegated by the Section Chief, Hospital Medicine or Chief, Medical Service.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Day Shift
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520821400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.