Huntington, WV is the home of Marshall University. Located in the scenic Ohio Valley on the banks of the Ohio River, Huntington offers many cultural and outdoor activities and is in easy driving distance of several larger metropolitan areas such as Lexington, KY, Columbus and Cincinnati, OH and Charleston, WV. With a relaxed lifestyle and affordable living, Huntington is an excellent place to raise a family.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive May be available.
PCS may be authorized.
The Physician (Nephrologist) will work under the Chief of Medical Service. Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Function as the expert for patient care related to acute, chronic, and end stage kidney disease, hypertension, fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorders.
- Develop treatment plans for the above disorders, including but not limited to dialysis (hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy).
- Supervision of dialysis treatment sessions.
- Provide evaluations and treatment recommendations, including acute dialysis orders, for hospitalized patients.
- Round on hospitalized patients, attending in clinics, writing of prescription medications, writing for consultative services, diet instruction, and other physician-driven or exclusive decisions.
- Participate in the education of students/residents.
- Provide on-phone coverage on an as-needed basis during times when the provider is not present on campus to include holidays, night, and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Day Shift
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520796800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.