The Supervisory Orthotist/Prosthetist is a member of the Prosthetics Service within The Eastern OK VA Health Care System (EOVAHCS), located in Muskogee and Tulsa, OK. The Prosthetics Service provides support to Veterans by supplying prosthetic appliances, adaptive devices, and construction projects for home improvement. The incumbent will administer, supervise, and perform work concerned with providing clinical and laboratory prosthetic and orthotic services to disabled patients.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment/Relocation incentive is authorized for eligible candidate.
Student Loan Repayment Program is authorized for eligible candidate.
This vacancy is open continuously until 09/30/2019 or until filled. Applicants will be reviewed for eligibility periodically.
The Orthotist/Prosthetist at this level serves as supervisor of an orthotics/prosthetics laboratory assessing, planning, and evaluating the orthotic/prosthetic program at the facility level to ensure proper coordination between the delivery of orthotic/prosthetic services and the overall delivery of health care. Responsibilities include assuring the accreditation of the laboratory, regulatory compliance, and a variety of administrative duties such as developing a budget, managing inventory and resources, overseeing contract employees, supervising assigned staff, etc. The assignment includes performance of the full range of supervisory duties. At this level, the Orthotist/Prosthetist serves as a consultant within orthotic and prosthetic treatment service and with other facility health care staff in evaluating health care delivery to patients. The work of the Supervisory Orthotist/Prosthetist requires a specialized knowledge of the medical and psychological problems directly related to the use of prosthetic devices; and a specialized knowledge and understanding of the fabrication and satisfactory fitting of prosthetic devices. Some of the duties to accomplish this task include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, developing, and directing an Orthotic-Prosthetic Laboratory and related clinical activities at the national, VISN, or local level.
- Serving as an advisor to Physicians, Therapists, and other medical professionals with regard to indications and contraindications of prosthetics and orthotic components, and prescription criteria.
- Authorizing the purchase, fabrication, or repair of prosthetic devices.
- Maintaining continuous liaison with manufacturers and dealer of prosthetic supplies, inspecting their facilities and services and participating in the award of prosthetics appliance contracts.
- Participating in investigating/research project studies by selecting patients as pilot wearers of newly developed prosthetic items, evaluating the usefulness of such item and compiling of data.
- Giving technical and administrative advice and assistance on prosthetic problems to other facilities.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8: 00a.m to 4:30p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to the Muskogee facility may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520704200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.