The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for three Advanced Medical Support Assistants. The Advanced Medical Support Assistants will function within Ambulatory Care and Processing (AC&P) in Patient Care Administrative Service.Learn more about this agency
- Determining the nature of calls and either responding appropriately or directing to appropriate resource.
- Acting as a liaison between nursing staff and internal and external customers.
- Handling patient information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Educating patients on the Veterans Choice Program and providing Veterans Choice information as requested.
- Processing Veterans Choice referrals to include scheduling appointments and retrieving medical records.
- Processing patient information timely and accurately utilizing proprietary software.
- Inputting no-show and cancelation information into scheduling software.
- Maintaining and reviewing patients' medical record according to set procedures.
- Providing assistance, support and coverage as assigned during high volume workload or shortage of personnel.
- Communicating with a diverse population of internal and external customers at all levels to achieve desired results.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520702500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.