***THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WILL CLOSE ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2019 AND WILL BE RE-ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019. YOUR APPLICATIONS WILL BE VALID FOR 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF SUBMISSION.Learn more about this agency
Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT info.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Employment Category and salary range will vary by location based on mission requirement and locality pay.
Applicants are given an opportunity to indicate level of employment category at each location applied for.
- Diagnoses animal health problems; vaccinates against diseases such as distemper and rabies; medicates animals suffering from infections or illnesses; treats and dresses wounds, seat fractures; performs surgery; and advise owners about animal feeding
- Maintains records in accordance with local and command policy.
- Provides direction and oversight to Animal Health Assistants with regards to veterinary nursing skills, veterinary medical standards, and animal care.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs professional veterinary work that involves the investigation, examination, treatment, and control of animals.
- Issues health certificates.
- Performs and interprets laboratory findings. Maintains health records and prepares reports as necessary
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520610000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.