You will serve as a Cybersecurity Manager in the Naval Systems Engineering Directorate (SEA 05) of NAVSEA HQ FIELD SUPPORT.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as Technical Area Expert in the Cybersecurity Engineering Group (SEA 05Q) in the NAVSEA Engineering Directorate (SEA 05), as well as technical advisor to the SEA 05Q Technical Director.
- You will be principal NAVSEA Engineering element to organize, resource and execute cybersecurity for Ship Design Engineering, furnishing, installing and testing of Information Systems and Networks.
- You will provide cybersecurity engineering services during technology development, design, procurement and implementation of enhancements or upgrades to naval control systems; to include Platform Information Technology (PIT) systems.
- You will develop and promulgate engineering guidance and technical direction related to projects and programs; providing engineering oversight during product development, and development and transitioning of cybersecurity technologies.
- You will direct and approve work assigned to engineers, computer scientist, project managers, and support personnel performing development engineering for the implementation of cybersecurity enhancements on naval platforms and warfare systems.
- You will serve as engineering advisor and management consultant in the area of cybersecurity, as it pertains to technology development and systems engineering on navy ship platforms and warfare systems.
- You will be responsible for the cybersecurity engineering analysis actives for warfare, combat systems and machinery control systems, machinery embedded systems, and associated networks.
- You will provide oversight to systems tests that validate cybersecurity posture on Navy warfare systems, combat systems, combat system elements and ship control systems
- You will participate in the overall management of cybersecurity; to include formulation of plans and policy that have a significant impact on resources, program goals and emphasis, economy and organizational effectiveness.
- You will provide technical guidance, advisory support, and assistance for cybersecurity through establishing requirements, engineering and design, certification and maintenance for warfare and ship systems.
- You will Initiate, direct, and oversee technology development efforts and solicit for RDTE funds using the Navy POM process to accomplish these efforts.
- You will provide technical advice and guidance to project engineers, and naval activities with reference to planning, designing, conducting and reporting of engineering operations required in preparation of system development plans.
- You will oversee technical reviews of surface ship and/or submarine architectures, requirements, standards, specifications, systems designs and analysis, design criteria, design products, design waivers.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520560700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.