Incumbent will serve as the Human Resources Office (HRO) position management/classification functional authority and supervisor of the Classification and Advisory Activity.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Classification) you will:
- Work in partnership with serviced organizations to develop strategic long range classification, position management, and organization planning.
- Advise supervisors on developing accurate position descriptions, and assume responsibility for their technical adequacy for classification purposes.
- Consult with management proposed reorganizations and advise on potential effects on positions, career progression, and maximum utilization of skills.
- Provide advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters.
- Develop, interpret, and analyze data and reports extracted from automated HR databases.
- Prepare reports and conduct studies and analyses related to human resources functional areas (e.g., attrition rates, positions management, analysis of metrics) to identify trends, potential problem areas and process improvements.
- Conduct presentations and briefings regarding classification and position management.
Occasional travel - 5% - As required by the position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520554700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.