This Nurse Practitioner will function as an integral member of the health care team in collaboration with the Service Chief of Vascular Surgery and Surgery Service to provide care to patients with peripheral vascular needs.Learn more about this agency
Manages a panel of patients requiring peripheral vascular surgical care, and must have a collaborative agreement with the service chief of Vascular Surgery. Will be a resource for Residents, and Vascular Surgery Case Manager, to help facilitate coordination of patient care.
- History taking, physical examination, and assessment of ongoing needs
- Ordering and interpretation of laboratory, radiographic, and other diagnostic tests.
- Writes orders for laboratory work, medication, and treatment.
- Shares responsibility with Vascular Surgery attendings and residents for communicating patient problems, status, and prognosis with patients, families, referring physicians, social workers, and other medical team members.
- Participates in the management of discharge planning needs.
- Documents patient care, pertinent procedures, progress, and updates notes as appropriate.
- Collaborates with nurses, physicians, and other members of the health care team, develops, promotes, and maintains interdisciplinary teamwork using effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assist in education of nursing staff, patients, family members, and other health care professionals.
- Bases practice on research and participate in clinical research projects.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520498500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.