The Amarillo VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for a Rheumatologist to provide treatment to patients with the following disease: arthritis, autoimmune disease, pain disorders affecting joints, and osteoporosis, and other types of diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, and lupus.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates patients by examining thoroughly. Appropriate clinical, laboratory and other pertinent data is obtained to determine care the patient is provided.
- Interprets and evaluates clinical data for the purpose of determining diagnosis and clinical status.
- Prescribes appropriate and timely treatment, applies indicated therapeutic procedures; recognizes and assess changes in behavior, symptoms, signs and other pertinent facts about the patient and modifies plan of treatment when indicated.
- Recognize emergency situations and take necessary action.
- Develops and maintains rapport and gains the confidence of patients and relatives through competence and interpersonal skills to the end that patients and others are informed participants in the treatment effort.
- Recognizes the need for consultation and utilizing facility or clinic skills in diagnosis and treatment.
- Completes progress notes, consults, and encounters.
- Assess educational needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with possible evenings, nights, callbacks, weekends, and/or holidays.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Recruitment / Relocation Incentive: A Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520281100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.