The Executive Office of United States Attorneys (EOUSA) is seeking to hire an Attorney Advisor to support its Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) office. The office is fast paced and is responsible for providing legal guidance to components and 94 United Sates Attorneys' Offices (USAOs).Learn more about this agency
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
If selected for this position you will serve as an Attorney Advisor for the Executive Office of United States Attorneys (EOUSA) located in the Freedom of Information & Privacy Act (FOIA/PA) Office. The primary purpose of the position is to provide a wide range of legal advisory services with respect to FOIA matters for the Assistant Director, FOIA/PA staff, management and staff of EOUSA, the United States Attorney's Office (USAO) and their staff. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Serves as an Attorney-Advisor, with responsibility for providing guidance on the legal and policy requirements pertaining to the release of information and ensuring FOIA request are handled in accordance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and applicable DOJ policies.
- Provides the Assistant Director, FOIA/PA with recommended courses of action and the impact of actions for FOIA/PA issues.
- Identifies, researches, and analyzes recent FOIA case laws that will impact the review of future FOIA request.
- Provides a variety of ancillary support services connected with the overall programs of the FOIA/PA staff.
- Develop course material and conducts training lectures for attorneys and staff of EOUSA and the USAOs at the National Advocacy Center (NAC) and the USAOs throughout the country related to electronic case filing.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520123300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.