The VA Long Beach (VALB) Healthcare System is actively seeking a Physician to serve as the Physician of Compensation and Pension (C&P) in the Primary Care Healthcare Group. C&P Physician will perform professional work, clinical assessments, evaluation and treatment of patients with a variety of healthcare needs as defined by their scope of practice, licensure and/or privileges as granted by VALB.Learn more about this agency
Compensation and Pension Physician specific duties include:
- Compensation & Pension examinations which include physical examination and claims file reviews;
- Generation of medical opinions on behalf of VA legal counsel, VBA or Court of Veteran Appeals;
- IDES examinations;
- Special Registry Examinations;
- Assisting C&P department in reviewing and providing addend ums to C&P examinations
- Serving as subject matter expert when needed by VBA and DMA.
- Clinically and administratively;
- Conducts QA reviews and evaluation - documentation written reports, and staff minutes;
- Maintains on-going communication and problem solving with other sections within VALB;
- Participates in Peer review and pertinent peer chart review activities as well as participates in care line staff meetings and mandatory functions.
- Must have the ability to lead a group of physicians and non-physician staff to meet VA directives and requirements.
Work Schedule: 40 Hour Work Week
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520000200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.