The Science Directorate (SD) is seeking an individual to serve as the Associate Director of Research and Mission Science (RandMS) assisting the Deputy Director of RandMS on formulation, advocacy, and implementation of SD programs and projects in the RandMS areas to enable and support the Center and NASA's research and development missions. The incumbent will also serve as the SD Lead Scientist and the Product Line Lead for the Langley's Atmospheric Characterization Product Line.Learn more about this agency
- Leads strategic planning activities and establishes goals consistent with Directorate priorities and customer<br>requirements.
- Leads development and implementation of the SD 10-year strategic plan to ensure alignment with Agency current and future mission requirements in response to National Research Council's Earth Science Decadal Survey results.
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating a broad program of research focused on understanding the fundamental radiative, chemical, and dynamic processes in the Earth's atmosphere in support of the Agency's Science Mission Directorate.
- Routinely evaluates program goals and objectives and leads periodic peer<br>reviews of SD research and development program activities.
- Provides technical oversight of ongoing research activities within the Directorate.
- Assists Directorate leadership in advocating programs, determining personnel resource needs, and allocating resources to ensure meeting Directorate research objectives.
- Represents the SD and serves as the Atmospheric Characterization Product Line lead on the Langley Technology Council.
- coordinates development of product line ideas/solutions and coordinates with Core Research Unit Directorates to maintain and improve the capabilities needed to develop and implement those solutions.
- Seeks opportunities to team across product lines and external partners on multi-disciplinary solutions and builds the technical team to develop solutions for specific opportunities.
- Develops product line road maps and recommends implementation strategies for these road maps that identify and address customer challenges and requirements.
- Plans for product evolution and new product development in a manner that reflects forward-thinking, state-of-the-art technology and creativity.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519887700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.