This is an open-continuous announcement. We will accept application packets on an on-going basis; however, eligible and qualified applicants that have submitted complete application packets will be referred to the selecting official at various intervals. If the vacancy is filled prior to the closing date, the announcement will be closed.Learn more about this agency
This announcement was updated 12-19-18 to include influenza verbiage.
The Lebanon VA Medical Center is seeking a permanent full-time Orthopedic Surgeon to assume a staff position. The Lebanon VA Medical Center serves Veterans with diverse surgical needs. The facility is seeking candidates with excellent clinical skills and experience in the full range of general orthopedic care including major joint replacement. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct patient care as well as resident supervision and clinical instruction in the operating room, outpatient clinic and inpatient settings
- Attend, participate and supervise residents/students in outpatient clinics and take an active role in the evaluation of the patient, decision for treatment/care, and documentation in the patient electronic records
- Follow the Department of Veterans Affairs guidelines established for resident supervision, including those documentation requirements in the electronic patient health care record
- Supervise residents/students in the clinical instruction and the performance of any procedure whether in the operating room or at the bedside appropriate to their level of graduate responsibility
- Participate in call coverage
- Maintain professional competency, courtesy and flexibility or provide the necessary services of this specialty.
- Provide surgical treatment for patients with musculoskeletal injuries and diseases, including adult major joint reconstructive services
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 08:00AM - 4:30PM, unless otherwise approved. Call is required
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519887500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.