Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer. Would you enjoy designing and directing the designs of water conveyance systems, fish facilities, wetlands, roads, tunnels and other related features? Responsibilities include creating, performing, reviewing or checking detailed civil, structural and hydraulic designs and analyses, preparing and reviewing design, analysis, risk analyses, and documentation.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares, reviews, and/or directs advanced detailed designs and analyses of water conveyance systems, fish facilities, wetlands, roads, bridges, appurtenant structures, and other related features.
- Utilizes existing Reclamation computer programs and/or commercial software to analyze and design project features; prepares Design Summaries as a record for features designed.
- Leads and/or serves on multi-discipline teams whose function is to design or study above features.
- Develops design criteria outlining special specifications requirements to be followed by engineers and technicians in the group, including location, type, and loading assumptions of structures with related features; develops innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Prepares, reviews, and/or directs the preparation of comparative quantity and cost estimates.
- Counsels field designers, provides technical guidance and assistance to lower graded engineers and technicians, and acts as a mentor. Prepares Designers’ Operating Criteria.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel less than 25%.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519876000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.