What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- The government-wide direct hire authorities for Physical Scientist and Biologist are being used to fill this position.
- Salary: $134,789 (Step 01) to $164,200 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.Learn more about this agency
As a Departmental Scientific Integrity Coordinator within the Office of Science Quality and Integrity, some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as advisor to the Departmental Scientific Integrity Officer in the further development of the Department scientific integrity policy and its implementation.
- Serves as a team member with the Departmental Scientific Integrity Coordinators for the purpose of coordinating inquiries involving the USGS and other Departments, Agencies, and Bureaus.
- Conducts reviews of complaints regarding scientific integrity; assesses allegations to determine whether or not a viable claim of research misconduct and/or a loss of scientific integrity exists; uses expert judgement to determine whether there could be misconduct or loss of integrity; and develops authoritative determination to the Bureau, Department and the public.
- Serves as a Department subject matter expert on a wide range of often unprecedented, highly sensitive, and highly complex research quality, scientific integrity, and research misconduct problems that significantly influence operations.
- Provides critical scientific integrity oversight of broad natural science programs to ensure that the Bureau complies with scientific integrity policies.
Occasional travel - Approximately 1 night each month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519777300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.