You will serve as a IT Specialist (APPSW/NETWORK) in the Enterprise Services Management Branch (N621), Enterprise Services Division (N62), Enterprise Management Department of NAVNETWARCOM.Learn more about this agency
- You will be responsible to the N621 Branch Head to assure Network services and Applications management responsibilities are carried out.
- You will be responsible for developing plans and processes and managing a team throughout the lifecycle of a service or application to include Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations and Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- You will serve as the primary advisor regarding Enterprise Network Services, application and Problem Management activities on all matters concerning the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN).
- You will provide accurate and timely technical support and problem solution necessary to support internal and external customers while resolving complex network service issues.
- You will lead efforts to support the installation, documentation, testing and changes in enterprise and application software associated with services in the DODIN-N.
- You will create, review, and recommend problem solutions to the Problem Management Process Manager
- You will provide technical oversight and advice to the Problem Management analysts responsible for providing the status of all assigned problems throughout their life-cycle.
- You will provide subject matter expertise supporting classified and unclassified network services.
- You will interpret and applies IM/IT policies, processes, and guidelines.
- You will conduct system and applications analysis/design and recommends operational and technical changes to enterprise services and solutions.
- You will manage system resources including performance, capacity and availability.
- You will assist in resolving hardware/software issues, incidents and problems.
- You will be the subject matter expert assigned to a vast number of service areas running on the enterprise in which current knowledge and relevant state-of-the-art technology must be maintained (i.e. print, storage, phone services, etc.).
- You will maintain situational awareness of service operations, and reviews system administration processes and functions for assigned services area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519771500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.