Incumbent serves as Multimedia Production Specialist with the Voice of America, Latin America Division. Responsible for a wide variety of functions related to television, digital and radio, for the Spanish and Creole Services with primary responsibilities for production and flow of newscasts and programming, production of high profile event as well as special events. Production responsibilities include coordinating live shots and content distribution for the Division's affiliate network.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for production of television and multimedia programs; participates in the determination of content and the flow of programs. Coordinates segments, determines segment and story length.
- Leads in the production of high profile television, radio and online special programming, including live programming.
- Screens and provides visual/audio editing direction. Coordinates graphics and use of special effects. Uses creative and innovative multimedia story telling techniques to enhance quality and engagement.
- Writes and produces high quality multi format content (video, audio, pictures, animations, graphics, infographics) for television and digital platforms. Content must be balanced, objective and comprehensive.
- Works with various teams of the Latin America Division, Voice of America and other offices in the Agency to coordinate and facilitate the overall production of television and multimedia programs.
- Provides ideas, suggestions, supports the planning, organization and direction of the production of TV, radio and digital programs to Latin America in Spanish and Creole, utilizing the staff and production resources of the Latin America Division and supporting elements of the Voice of America (VOA).
- Participates in daily coordination with producers from Latin America affiliate network placement of live participation by Division reporters as well as placement of content produced for media partners in the region.
- Originates program ideas and formats as requested or required for the respective program branch chiefs.
- Responsible for pre-production, production and post-production work for various live events, interviews, webcast and all other aspects of the digital media function.
- Incumbent must have an understanding of world news events, including U.S. foreign policy and other bilateral issues between the United States, Latin America, and other countries in the area.
- Edits digital files for program material as well as for editorial content and complicated technical consideration, such as extraneous noises, undesirable sound effects, repetitions, incomplete sentences or restructuring of sentences, and adjusts material to required airtime length.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519765600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.