VA San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) is searching for a Chief, Dental Service. VASDHS is primarily located in La Jolla, CA. The Chief of Dental is responsible for administration of all aspects of the System's dental program to include managing interdisciplinary collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to optimize the care of patients. This position reports to the Chief of Staff. The Chief of Dental is expected to provide direct patient care to the extent other duties permit.Learn more about this agency
- The Chief, Dental Service is responsible for developing local policies and procedures related to matters internal to the Dental Service. To include, but not limited to: a) standards for documentation and coding of dental procedures, b) policies pertaining to Reusable Medical Equipment, c) practice within the scope of care and dental eligibility guidelines; d) provides clinical guidance including patient treatment, four-handed dentistry, infection control, OSHA guidelines, x-rays and oral health education; e) directs entry of diagnostic findings, dental care plans and completed procedures into the Computerized Patient Record System adjunct application, Dental Record manager Plus for all patients, etc.
- Compliance with VHA and facility credentialing and privileging processes, including coordination with the Professional Standards Board.
- Ensures appropriate response to congressional inquiries, compliance with standards of the VA Inspector General, TJC, and other survey bodies, as well as VHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and TJC safety and environment of care standards.
- Serves as the local liaison to dental professional organizations, other government agencies, and non-VA service providers, as well as other departments within the facility. Participates in the development and review of relevant sharing agreements, service agreements and inter-facility agreements. Manages affiliation and residency programs, in collaboration with the facility Designated Education Officer.
- Responsible for fiscal and budgetary planning and standards regarding contracting and procurement of equipment, supplies, and Non-VA Dental Care. Manages performance measures, monitors, and indicators as applicable to dentistry. Enforces personnel policies, ethical, and performance standards. Keep medical facility leadership apprised of and make recommendations for the needs and problems of the Service.
- Administers the Outpatient Non-VA Dental Care Program. Works with VISN Lead Dentist to assure that national and VISN policy are implemented at the facility level.
- Ensures dental providers are providing care on the basis of the patient's dental classification and develop a clearly defined and documented treatment plan for each episode of care consistent with the appropriate scope of care.
Work Schedule: Full Time, 40 hrs a week
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized for highly qualified candidates
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519717500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.