About the Position: This is a permanent Supervisory Procurement Analyst position with Headquarters, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (HQUSACE), located at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) building, 441 G. Street, NW, Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
Mission: Deliver vital public and military engineering services; partnering in peace and war to strengthen our Nation's security, energize the economy and reduce risks from disasters.
- Reviews acquisition documents/actions, and complex peer review packages to provide technical guidance/assistance, and identify and recommend best practices.
- Responsible for contract strategic operations, policy, manpower and acquisition support of 42 contracting districts Officers and 4 major contracting center offices operating worldwide for Army Corps of Engineers (USACE).
- Develops and implements broad-based acquisition/contracting policies to ensure the effective execution of the command?s multi-billion Military Construction and Civil Works missions.
- Exercises staff surveillance of the total procurement mission of USACE.
- Performs reviews of major contracting programs to include construction, engineering, architect-engineering, services, installation support.
- Oversees remediation of environmental, hazardous, toxic, and radiological waste (HTRW), and worldwide expeditionary contracting support.
- Exercises outstanding initiative, originality, and technical expertise to develop, evaluate, recommend, and implement policies, plans and programs for USACE.
- Serves as Division Chief to provide expert advice to the USACE Deputy of Contracting and other senior leadership regarding acquisition policy and procedures.
- Serves as subject matter expert for source selections, peer reviews, and cost and price analysis.
- Assists with training as required.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel is required 20% of the time to provide acquisition management advice or policy formulation, establish to resolve controversial or significant matters affecting the organization, budget, execution and other related issues.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519666000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.