THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR, Position Description Number D0843000 and is part of the WY United States Property and Fiscal Office, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This job is located in the Wyoming Army National Guard's United States Property and Fiscal Office. Its purpose is to operate and perform operator maintenance on one or more motor vehicles to transport personnel, supplies, materials or equipment.
(1) Operates primarily straight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight (GVW) of more than 32,000 pounds and/or truck tractors with semitrailers or full trailers to transport personnel or pick up and deliver supplies, materials or equipment.
(2) Driver operates vehicles on interstate highways, winding roads, and steep grades and manipulates the dual braking system to prevent the semitrailer or trailer from jackknifing. Assures cargo is properly loaded, distributed and secured. Performs operator maintenance on vehicles.
(3) Ensures shipping and accounting documents are with the shipment and reflect actual condition, quantities and type of material. Completes log books, maintenance records, reports and other transportation documents for accurate accounting.
(4) May perform warehouse work to include issuing receiving and inventorying equipment, supplies and materials; loading and unloading of trucks; storing and pulling warehouse stock; packing and unpacking material; and repairing or replacing items on equipment. Operates electric, gasoline or diesel-powered forklift trucks.
(5) May perform a variety of extensive servicing and light maintenance work on assigned vehicles. May assist in dispatching vehicles or in the issuance of forms, credit cards or military driver's licenses.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519605400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.