Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This Program Manager position is located in the Checkpoint Solutions and Integration Division (CSID), within Acquisition Program Management (APM), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The incumbent of this position will perform strategic planning, testing, procurement, and maintenance of screening technologies in support of airport checkpoint operations.
As Program Manager you will:
- Managing the design and development system requirements for projects involving the development, deployment, maintenance and disposition of checkpoint screening technologies and systems.
- Determining system growth paths and examining potential deployment options prior to finalizing system requirements for the Passenger Screening Program.
- Overseeing lifecycle management of equipment associated with checkpoint screening technology or systems to be deployed including, but not limited to acceptance, planning, disposition, logistics, and safety.
- Developing metrics for projects and managing the implementation of technology and/or systems at the airports.
- Managing the Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) and engineers working on the program.
- Recommending system improvements, enhancements, and/or changes to practices, policies, or standard operating procedures.
- Formulating detailed briefings/discussions for presentation and briefs to agency leadership.
- Resolving highly complex and challenging technical problems and develops improvements to technical processes as technical specialist.
- Managing risk and implements mitigation strategies to ensure successful, effective, and efficient execution of program and projects.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519602500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.