The purpose of the position is to perform a wide variety of janitorial and custodial work that requires substantial physical effort to operate and adjust heavy duty cleaning equipment and climb ladders, and apply a significant knowledge of infection control and hazardous waste procedures to ensure compliance with safety and health directives.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesThe duties of the Housekeeping Aid include:
Work Schedule: Monday through Sunday to include weekends and holidays: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m, 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., and 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Cleaning and sanitizing restrooms: urinals, commode, sink, mirror, etc.
- Cleaning patients' rooms using sanitizing chemicals that will not compromise patients' health to disinfect surfaces.
- Removing soiled linen from ward areas or clinics using the proper collection methods for handling possible contaminated items.
- Keeping a stock of cleaning materials and equipment needed to do your work.
- Sweeping and mopping floors repetitively in high traffic areas such corridors, restrooms, stairways, entry ways, cafeterias and other areas.
- Taking care of a house doing work such as cooking, washing clothes, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes.
- Emptying trash cans at various locations several times a day.
- Using proper cleaning solutions and/or chemicals to successfully remove stains from a variety of surfaces (floors, carpet, tile, walls, etc.)
- Applying appropriate cleaning solutions to various types of floors (linoleum, wood, or marble), walls, and ceilings to clean and maintain such surfaces.
- Performing routine maintenance on cleaning equipment such as changing filters and brushes on vacuum cleaners and floor buffers.
- Reading and following posted instructions through signs and pictures.
- Following simple written instructions for completing non-routine cleaning tasks.
- Following oral directions to perform simple tasks which may require several steps to complete.
- Adhering to safety policies and procedures when performing manual work.
- Operating powered equipment such as scrubbing machines, buffers, carpet cleaning machines and/or industrial vacuums.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying or moving cleaning equipment around for several hours or more at a time.
- Using proper lifting techniques when lifting objects especially those that may be bulky and/or awkward.
- Keeping equipment, cords, hoses, etc., clean and properly stored when not in use.
- Using ladders and/or scaffolds to wash ceiling fixtures; washing or replacing venetian blinds, or room partitions.
- Following sanitation and infection control procedures to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Selecting proper equipment to clean floors, carpet, drapes, and light fixtures.
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aid / 08277-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519601300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.