The Alexandria VA Health Care System (AVAHCS) is seeking Registered Nurse(s) to provide service to our ill and injured Veterans in our Community Living Center.Learn more about this agency
***THIS VACANCY IS AN OPEN AND CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT UNTIL DECEMBER 12, 2019. Applicants will be reviewed for eligibility twice a month.
Medical Center Policy requires that a BLS has to be maintained if you work in direct patient care positions.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Documenting observations, assessments, and changes in Veteran's conditions.
- Collaborating with health team members to facilitate positive patient outcomes.
- Communicate with people of varied educational levels and varied ethnic/cultural and religious backgrounds.
- Completes initial assessment of patient condition and response to treatment and initiates follow-up as needed.
- Formulates a plan of care based on nursing assessments, using the nursing process, based on the ANA Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Recognize overt abnormal signs and symptoms and/or changes in patients' condition and responds appropriately.
- Providing a full range of nursing care (direct care to charge nurse duties) with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems.
- Accountable for meeting and maintaining the qualification standards and functional statements of assigned grade.
- Demonstrated ability to assume leadership in a resident centered program.
- Includes the patient and family/significant other in developing the initial plan of care and establishing goals.
- Able to establish effective communication with residents, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains Reusable Medical Equipment (RME) per Alexandria VA Healthcare System Standards of Procedures specific to each device.
- Supervise care delivery of Licensed Practical Nurses and Nursing Assistants.
- Attends educational courses as required.
- Complies with Infection Control practices and other organizational, Veteran Integrated System Network (VISN), & Veterans Affairs directives and policies.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
- One year of nursing experience
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519580300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.