This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as a Health Physics Technician and subject matter expert (SME) in a Technical Support Group (TSG) in the Contingency Operations Department (NECO) with primary duties including CBRN Force Protection, Hazardous materials shipping and handling and maintenance of operational or prototype/RDT&E (Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation) CBRN equipment. .Learn more about this agency
As a PHYSICAL SCIENCE TECHNICIAN at the GS-1311-12 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Participate as a member of the Technical Support Group (TSG) to deploy in support of Combatant Commander and other federal D/As in WMD emergency response events and training
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive Radiation Safety Program for the Technical Support Group (TSG) in an effort to monitor and reduce the levels of radiation exposure with emphasis on the As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) philosophy
- Provide initial education and training to new employees regarding safety procedures for all personnel using radioactive materials and continuous training to clients and existing employees
- Monitor the exposure levels of all employees working with radioactive materials: monitors all purchase of radioactive materials
- Independently survey and evaluate all areas using ionizing radiation for proper security, shielding, use and ventilation; prepares new license applications and amends existing licensure when necessary
- Responsible for the TSG Radiation Safety Program, Hazardous Materials shipping program and all aspects of Health Physics and Radiation Control for the TSG
- Responsible for all shipping and receiving functions, which includes hazardous materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/519539100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.